rajjab batalaata hai 'sammanit maas'. is maas ko ati aadar soochak maana jaata tha, paagaan arabon dvaara, ramajaajnya ki tarah hi ismein bhi yuddh varjit tha.
islaami kailendar mein maas aarambh hota hai, nae chaaaind, yaani pratipda se, lekin ganana se naheen, balki dikhne par. kyonki yeh kailendar 11 se 12 diwas chhota hota hai, saur varsh se, rajjab maas bhi poore varsh bhar ke har ritu mein ghoomta rahata hai. rajjab ki anumaanit tithiyaaain nimn hain:-
|yeh sampoorn prushth ya iske kuchh vibhaag hindi ke atirikt anya bhaasha(on) mein bhi likhe gaye hain. aap inka karke vikipeediya ki sahaayata kar sakte hain.|
- On 01 Rajab, 5th Imam Muhammad al-Baqir was born.
- On 03 Rajab, is the death of 10th Imam Ali Naqi.
- On 04 Rajab, Sufi of Chishti Order celebrate the annivarsary of Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti
- On 05 Rajab, the 10th Imam Ali Naqi was born.
- On 07 Rajab, Shi'a Muslims observe the Festival of Imam Musa al Kazim in dedication of Musa al Kazim.
- On 09 Rajab, Ali Asghar, son of Imam Husayn was born.
- On 10 Rajab, the 9th Imam Muhammad al-Taqi was born.
- On 13 Rajab, celebrates their first Imam Ali's birthday with great zeal.
- On 18 Rajab, Abraham died. (In accordance with Shi'a Islam)
- On 22 Rajab, Koonday (table cloth dinner) is organized by Shi'a muslims and non Salafi Sunni Muslims. It is an occasion for Muslims to discuss Allah and the Holy Ahlul Bayt and to strengthen ties among the community with love and compassion. This tradition is more common among the Muslims of South Asia. It is reported to be a practice instructed by 6th Imam Jafar as-Sadiq.
- On 24 Rajab, victory to Mulims in the battle of Khyber.
- On 25 Rajab, is the death of 7th Imam Musa al Kazim.
- On 27 Rajab, Non Salafi Sunni celebrate Mi'raj i.e. the day Muhammad is alleged to have ascended to heaven.
- On 28 Rajab, Imam Husayn started his journey to Karbala from Medina.
- In the year 5 A.H Bilal ibn Harith is reported to have brought a congregation of four hundred men named Banu Muzeena in the presence of Muhammad. They all embraced Islam.
- The Battle of Tabouk took place in the year 9 A.H. This was the last battle which Muhammad participated in.
- The second Oath of Aqabah took place in Rajab, 12 A.H.
- Saladin entered Jerusalem during the month of Rajab
- On 28 Rajab 1342 AH (3 March 1924), the Caliphate was abolished by Mustafa Kemal Pasha in Turkey.